Sunday, June 22, 2014

Fashion University: Blooming Blossom

SUMMER BREAK!!!!!! Woohoo I just had my first day of summer break yesterday :)
My final project was to design an outfit for a brand so naturally I did BABY, THE STARS SHINE BRIGHT
Here are some photos from my photoshoot:

I'm using the "Photobucket Stories" function so I hope this works properly!
ABCLolita's Story

I made a matching outfit for my teddy bear, haha! I've started a fanpage for her on facebook here which shows more of my quick, personal life since I don't take many photos of myself. I feel like it's easier to just take photos of my teddy bear haha!

My headdress I made for this look is something I'm proud of. It was made using a traditional method of accessory-making we learned about in Chinese Clothing History by the Hakka people of Taiwan. Since they didn't have as much money or access to precious metals and gems, they made their hair accessories using wire, embroidery thread, paste, and plain cardboard. It was quite difficult and time-consuming to make, and I actually used loads of double-sided tape to help the thread stay in place because I couldn't do it without!

The building in the background is the Taipei Story House, which is incredibly cute! It was closed at the time we were taking photos so we couldn't get photos in the surrounding gardens, but getting the second-story background was quite lovely too :)